Weatherization Assistance for Orleans & Genesee Counties | News
Weatherization Assistance Providers include Community-Based Housing Organizations, county governments, and Native American Tribal organizations. Weatherization services reduce the amount of energy required to heat and cool homes and provide hot water, thus reducing energy consumption, while minimizing the impact of higher fuel costs on low-income families. Weatherization Assistance Providers assist low-income households, with priority given to those with elderly or handicapped members, and to families with young children.
Weatherization Assistance Providers perform an energy audit of the home or apartment to identify specific measures to increase energy efficiency. Based on the results of the energy audit, they may provide some or all of the following services: weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows; cleaning, testing, repairs, or replacement of heating systems; replacement or repair of storm windows; replacement or repair of broken windows and/or outside doors; addition of insulation to walls or ceilings; and, mitigation of health and safety concerns, including indoor air quality improvements, correction of ventilation problems that can lead to mold growth, and identification of lead paint hazards.
For more information contact Community Action of Orleans & Genesee Weatherization Coordinator Orleans County: (585) 589-5605 Genesee County: (585) 343-7798
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED