Weatherization Assistance for Orleans & Genesee Counties | News
Weatherization Assistance Providers include Community-Based Housing Organizations, county governments, and Native American Tribal organizations. Weatherization services reduce the amount of energy required to heat and cool homes and provide hot water, thus reducing energy consumption, while minimizing the impact of higher fuel costs on low-income families. Weatherization Assistance Providers assist low-income households, with priority given to those with elderly or handicapped members, and to families with young children.
Weatherization Assistance Providers perform an energy audit of the home or apartment to identify specific measures to increase energy efficiency. Based on the results of the energy audit, they may provide some or all of the following services: weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows; cleaning, testing, repairs, or replacement of heating systems; replacement or repair of storm windows; replacement or repair of broken windows and/or outside doors; addition of insulation to walls or ceilings; and, mitigation of health and safety concerns, including indoor air quality improvements, correction of ventilation problems that can lead to mold growth, and identification of lead paint hazards.
For more information contact Community Action of Orleans & Genesee Weatherization Coordinator Orleans County: (585) 589-5605 Genesee County: (585) 343-7798
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors