Weatherization Assistance for Orleans & Genesee Counties | News
Weatherization Assistance Providers include Community-Based Housing Organizations, county governments, and Native American Tribal organizations. Weatherization services reduce the amount of energy required to heat and cool homes and provide hot water, thus reducing energy consumption, while minimizing the impact of higher fuel costs on low-income families. Weatherization Assistance Providers assist low-income households, with priority given to those with elderly or handicapped members, and to families with young children.
Weatherization Assistance Providers perform an energy audit of the home or apartment to identify specific measures to increase energy efficiency. Based on the results of the energy audit, they may provide some or all of the following services: weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows; cleaning, testing, repairs, or replacement of heating systems; replacement or repair of storm windows; replacement or repair of broken windows and/or outside doors; addition of insulation to walls or ceilings; and, mitigation of health and safety concerns, including indoor air quality improvements, correction of ventilation problems that can lead to mold growth, and identification of lead paint hazards.
For more information contact Community Action of Orleans & Genesee Weatherization Coordinator Orleans County: (585) 589-5605 Genesee County: (585) 343-7798
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Hockey Fans Heading to London for 11-day FanFest Event
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud