Brandon Stickney on "The Amazing Seven Sutherland Sisters" | Arts & Culture
The Erie Canal Discovery Center welcomes Brandon Stickney on Saturday, March 17th at 11 a.m. when he will host a free, public program and book signing for his new book entitled, “The Amazing Seven Sutherland Sisters.” This much anticipated biographical narrative was many years in the making and details the rags-to-riches-to-rags story of this incredible Western New York family. Stickney called the seven sisters, “America’s first celebrity models,” known for their singing abilities and floor length hair. P.T. Barnum called these siblings, “the seven most pleasing wonders of the world.” This American success story is quickly followed by an equally scintillating tale of mystery and living to excess. All of the twists and turns along the way are the fascinating subject of Stickney’s biographical narrative of this incredible Cambria family.
After a decade of writing and research, Stickney has finished his labor of love in the hopes that many others will take interest in this amazing story. Brandon’s other works have been featured in USA Today, The Buffalo News, Artvoice, Buffalo Spree, and Western New York Heritage Magazine. He is also the author of All-American Monster: The Unauthorized Biography of Timothy McVeigh which became an A&E Biography special in 1996 and a Court TV documentary in 2000. He has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Fox News, NPR, The History Channel, and Court TV. Stickney is currently a free-lance reporter for Lockport Union-Sun & Journal and other publications.
Stickney’s program will include time for Q&A about the book and also about book publishing in general. Brandon invites all budding authors to come and learn from his own successes and failures. He will be present at the Erie Canal Discovery Center on Saturday, March 17 at 11 AM. Books are on sale at the History Center, 215 Niagara Street, The Erie Canal Discovery Center/Penney Gallery, 24 Church Street and online at NiagaraHistory.org. For more information, contact the History Center at 434-7433
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kenan Gallery To Present Decade of Paintings by Coni Minneci
- Seneca Hickory Stick Named to Golf Magazine’s “Best Courses Near You”
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino Hosts Eight-Week 'Comedy Series in the Bear’s Den' This Fall
- London Welcomes Return of Popular Western Fair
- Restructuring begins at Eastern Niagara Hospital
- Sólo cuatro meses dejó puede cambiar sus finanzas de fin de año
- Fourth Quarter 2014: Still Time for a Personal Finance Comeback!
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K