"Elvis" is in the Building | Arts & Culture
The Erie Canal Discovery Center is pleased to offer a free, public program and book signing for local legend, John Lang. Most folks know Lang by sight as the ubiquitous "Elvis" at Buffalo Bills games. John has recently completed a new book about his antics entitled, "Elvis is in the Scrumdown." Lang will be on hand in costume at the Discovery Center at 24 Church Street on Saturday, March 31 at 11 AM to offer some reflections on his Elvis impersonation hijinks.
When Lang is not portraying his alter-ego, he serves as the president of Gothic Hill Entertainment and also works as a field representative in WNY for HD Supply. In his spare time he is a certified referee for Upstate New York Rugby Society. The Elvis impersonation got its start in 1991 when he made a friendly wager on a Miami vs. Buffalo Bills game that he could get on TV. Finding an old white jump suit and painting up an old guitar, he made his first appearance as “Elvis” for a Buffalo Bills game. Since then, “Elvis” has appeared on nearly every television network and has been seen worldwide. He has also been featured in the NFL Hall of Fame as well as the Madden Football Game and several commercials.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors