"Elvis" is in the Building | Arts & Culture
The Erie Canal Discovery Center is pleased to offer a free, public program and book signing for local legend, John Lang. Most folks know Lang by sight as the ubiquitous "Elvis" at Buffalo Bills games. John has recently completed a new book about his antics entitled, "Elvis is in the Scrumdown." Lang will be on hand in costume at the Discovery Center at 24 Church Street on Saturday, March 31 at 11 AM to offer some reflections on his Elvis impersonation hijinks.
When Lang is not portraying his alter-ego, he serves as the president of Gothic Hill Entertainment and also works as a field representative in WNY for HD Supply. In his spare time he is a certified referee for Upstate New York Rugby Society. The Elvis impersonation got its start in 1991 when he made a friendly wager on a Miami vs. Buffalo Bills game that he could get on TV. Finding an old white jump suit and painting up an old guitar, he made his first appearance as “Elvis” for a Buffalo Bills game. Since then, “Elvis” has appeared on nearly every television network and has been seen worldwide. He has also been featured in the NFL Hall of Fame as well as the Madden Football Game and several commercials.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED