National Education Blogger Says Bullying Initiatives Won't Work | Commentary
Christopher Emdin of The Huffington Post took a controversial stance in his blog yesterday, explaining what he believes are the 5 Major Reasons that the latest anti-bullying efforts won't work.
His reasons are as follows:
- The Zero-Tolerance Theory Backfires
- Avoiding Social Media Is NOT A Solution
- We Address Bullying with Celebrity, Not Expertise
- We Forget that the Bullied And The Bully Are Both Children
- We Turn A Blind Eye To Adult Bullying
Edmin cites the deaths of Williamsville teen Jamey Rodemeyer and Rutgers student Tyler Clementi as the main catalysts for the new push to resolve the bullying issue.
For the full blog where Emdin explains his reasoning, click here.
Do you agree/disagree? What solutions do you think the experts are overlooking? Sound-off below.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- State firefighters honor Newfane volunteer
- Pilot in Niagara County plane crash dies
- Niagara County Residents Speak Out Against Landfill Expansion
- Legendary Latin Rock Band Santana to Perform at Seneca Niagara Events Center on October 11
- Exciting Grand Theatre Lineup Includes Talent Ranging from Elvis to Shrek
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors