National Education Blogger Says Bullying Initiatives Won't Work | Commentary
Christopher Emdin of The Huffington Post took a controversial stance in his blog yesterday, explaining what he believes are the 5 Major Reasons that the latest anti-bullying efforts won't work.
His reasons are as follows:
- The Zero-Tolerance Theory Backfires
- Avoiding Social Media Is NOT A Solution
- We Address Bullying with Celebrity, Not Expertise
- We Forget that the Bullied And The Bully Are Both Children
- We Turn A Blind Eye To Adult Bullying
Edmin cites the deaths of Williamsville teen Jamey Rodemeyer and Rutgers student Tyler Clementi as the main catalysts for the new push to resolve the bullying issue.
For the full blog where Emdin explains his reasoning, click here.
Do you agree/disagree? What solutions do you think the experts are overlooking? Sound-off below.