Tips & Picks For Dyngus Day Buffalo 2012 | Community Spirit
A few helpful tips and picks to assist in exploring the Dyngus Day Capital of the World! Dyngus Day is Monday, April 9th:
Official Kick-Off of Dyngus Day Buffalo 2012 & Blessing of the Instruments: Easter Sunday night (April 8th), The official start of Buffalo’s Dyngus Day celebration. The blessing will take place at 7pm at the Pvt. Leonard Post Jr. VFW #6251 located at 2450 Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga. Live polka music with Lenny Gomulka & the Chicago Push
Tyskie Party Tent, Memorial Drive: Now in its 3rd year, the big top tent in front of Central Terminal gives Dyngus Day an outdoor festival feel. Features non-stop live polka music from 4p-11p with Ed Guca & his Polish Canadians from Toronto and the Buffalo Touch.
R & L Lounge, 23 Mills Street: The last “mom & pop” Polish tavern in the Polonia District. A landmark of Polonia since 1969. Stop in and say hi to Ronnie and Lottie Pikuzinski and try some authentic, home cooked Polish food.
Polish Churches - The Dyngus Day parties at both St. Stanislaus Church and Corpus Christi Parish have turned into a homecoming for alumni of the Historic Polonia District. These multi-generational parties are great for both children and grandparents. Both venues feature non-stop Polish music, Polish food and unparalleled authenticity. Check out the vintage post-War bowling alley at Corpus Christi
Buffalo Central Terminal: The World’s Largest Dyngus Day Party will be the exclusive home to the Those Idiots Polka Band during Dyngus Day 2012. Doors open at 3pm. Those Idiots show times are 6:30, 7:30 and a hugh polka rock concert at 8:30p.
Pvt. Leonard Post Jr. VFW, 2450 Walden Avenue: If you want to experience polka music in its highest art form, you do not want to miss Lenny Gomulka & the Chicago Push alternating with the Knewz Polka Band from Buffalo.
The Polish Villa II, 1085 Harlem Road: The “Villa” hosts Buffalo’s first Dyngus party of the day beginning at 10am. The party does not stop until 5am on Tuesday. It's the “longest” Dyngus Party in Buffalo.
Polish Cadets, 927 Grant Street: The rebirth of Black Rock is evident at the Dyngus Day party at the Polish Cadets. The upstairs ballroom, where the party takes place, is one of the best venues to see live polka music. 2012 will feature Tom Mroczka and the Music Box from Cleveland, Ohio.
Polish Falcons Club, 445 Columbia Ave, Depew: Since 1974, The Polish Falcons Club has been one Buffalo’s original Dyngus Day Festival Halls. This year, the Club features live polka music by Phocus & Bedrock Boys.
Potts Banquet Hall, 694 S. Ogden Street: Near the I-190 exit. Plenty of free parking. Shuttle service to Historic Polonia and Cheektowaga venues. Live, non-stop polka music from out of town polka bands. Authentic Polish food & drink.
The Dyngus Day Parade: Begins at 5p at “Superman’s Corner” (Clark & Kent Sts) near Corpus Christi Church. The parade passes numerous Dyngus Day Parties include those at the Adam Mickiewicz Library and the Tyskie Party Tent before ending at Central Terminal.
Pussy Willow Pass: Available for purchase at all Official Dyngus Day Festival Halls. Pay $10 and receive discounted $2 admissions to all Official Festival Halls and use of the Dyngus Day Shuttles.
Visit www.DyngusDayBuffalo.com for the latest schedules, Dyngus history, news, shuttle routes and maps.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Deer Rescued from Glen Falls in Williamsville
- Daemen Approved for Advancement in NCAA Membership Process
- State firefighters honor Newfane volunteer
- Pilot in Niagara County plane crash dies
- Niagara County Residents Speak Out Against Landfill Expansion
- Legendary Latin Rock Band Santana to Perform at Seneca Niagara Events Center on October 11
- Exciting Grand Theatre Lineup Includes Talent Ranging from Elvis to Shrek
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood
- Buffalo, NY Fourth City Employee Pleads Guilty to Theft of Thousands from Parking Meters
- Joint Underage Alcohol Enforcement Effort 15 Pass; 2 Charged
- Better Business Bureau Offers Advice to Homeowners on Roofing Contractors