Medina Mustang Marching Band Wins Fourth NYS Championship Title | Community Spirit
SYRACUSE, NY - The Governor's Cup once again returns to Medina. The Medina High School Mustang Marching Band won their fourth consecutive NYS Field Band Conference Championship tonight at the Carrier Dome, in Syracuse , NY.
Competing in Small Schools 1 Division (SS1), Medina notched a decisive victory with a score of 91.70, beating their nearest competitor, New Hartford by 2.85 points.
The Medina Mustang Band has a long history in the NYSFBC, winning 12 state championships in the 36 years it has been competing.
Other WNY bands competing at the Dome included LeRoy in SS1 with a score of 83.35, and Orchard Park taking third place in National DivisionThe Medina Band is under the direction of Mrs. Cheri Pritchard, and Mr. Jimmy Steele. Drum Major is Maggie Laszewski.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Town of Hamburg Police Ask Assistance in Identifying Individual for Questioning
- CERT Recipe Book Marks Group’s 10th Anniversary
- Scholarship Stresses Importance of Character, Education
- Holiday Tour Fun at the Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital dietitian shares tips for a healthier Thanksgiving