Medina Mustang Marching Band Wins Fourth NYS Championship Title | Community Spirit
SYRACUSE, NY - The Governor's Cup once again returns to Medina. The Medina High School Mustang Marching Band won their fourth consecutive NYS Field Band Conference Championship tonight at the Carrier Dome, in Syracuse , NY.
Competing in Small Schools 1 Division (SS1), Medina notched a decisive victory with a score of 91.70, beating their nearest competitor, New Hartford by 2.85 points.
The Medina Mustang Band has a long history in the NYSFBC, winning 12 state championships in the 36 years it has been competing.
Other WNY bands competing at the Dome included LeRoy in SS1 with a score of 83.35, and Orchard Park taking third place in National DivisionThe Medina Band is under the direction of Mrs. Cheri Pritchard, and Mr. Jimmy Steele. Drum Major is Maggie Laszewski.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood