Medina Mustang Marching Band Wins Fourth NYS Championship Title | Community Spirit
SYRACUSE, NY - The Governor's Cup once again returns to Medina. The Medina High School Mustang Marching Band won their fourth consecutive NYS Field Band Conference Championship tonight at the Carrier Dome, in Syracuse , NY.
Competing in Small Schools 1 Division (SS1), Medina notched a decisive victory with a score of 91.70, beating their nearest competitor, New Hartford by 2.85 points.
The Medina Mustang Band has a long history in the NYSFBC, winning 12 state championships in the 36 years it has been competing.
Other WNY bands competing at the Dome included LeRoy in SS1 with a score of 83.35, and Orchard Park taking third place in National DivisionThe Medina Band is under the direction of Mrs. Cheri Pritchard, and Mr. Jimmy Steele. Drum Major is Maggie Laszewski.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program