Medina Mustang Marching Band Wins Fourth NYS Championship Title | Community Spirit
SYRACUSE, NY - The Governor's Cup once again returns to Medina. The Medina High School Mustang Marching Band won their fourth consecutive NYS Field Band Conference Championship tonight at the Carrier Dome, in Syracuse , NY.
Competing in Small Schools 1 Division (SS1), Medina notched a decisive victory with a score of 91.70, beating their nearest competitor, New Hartford by 2.85 points.
The Medina Mustang Band has a long history in the NYSFBC, winning 12 state championships in the 36 years it has been competing.
Other WNY bands competing at the Dome included LeRoy in SS1 with a score of 83.35, and Orchard Park taking third place in National DivisionThe Medina Band is under the direction of Mrs. Cheri Pritchard, and Mr. Jimmy Steele. Drum Major is Maggie Laszewski.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Hockey Fans Heading to London for 11-day FanFest Event
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud