All Aboard for Thomas the Tank Engine in Medina! | Events
May 7, 2012
MEDINA, NY – All aboard for Thomas! Thomas the Tank Engine will once again return to Historic Medina for his eighth visit.
The Day Out with Thomas, Leader of the Track Tour 2012 will arrive at the Medina Railroad Museum, 530 West Avenue on May 11, 12, and 13, and again on May 18, 19, and 20.
The event features many family activities, including the Imagination Station, clowns and jugglers, live entertainment, a bounce house and, a 25-minute train ride pulled by Thomas the Tank Engine.
The event ticket price also includes admission into the world-famous Medina Railroad Museum.
Check out this Thomas the Tank Engine story by Virginia Kropf in the May 7 edition of the Batavia Daily News.
The building housing the museum is a treat all by itself for railroad enthusiasts. Located in the old New York Central freight depot in Medina, it is the largest freight depot museum in the country. Built in 1905, it is one of the largest and only surviving wooden freight stations in the United States.
The museum houses a massive collection of memorabilia, along with the longest HO scale layout and diorama all on one floor– an immense 14ft. by 204ft scale model railroad.
There is much to see and do in Medina. A short distance from the freight depot museum is another architectural treasure, Medina’s original New York Central passenger station. The structure is a classic piece of railroad architecture, and is built of Medina Sandstone.
The railroad is also adjacent to Medina's Downtown Historic District on the Erie Canal. The district appears on both the NYS and National Registries of Historic Places, and is brimming with historic architecture, quaint shops and eateries.
The event attracts people from all over the United States and Canada. The historic Medina village along with the authentic railroad architecture combine to make the Thomas event– one of 40 the engine makes each year- one of the most popular in the country.
Over 18,000 people to travel to Medina during the two weekends to experience the event. Thomas first came to Medina in 2005.
Tickets are $18 for ages 2 and up; pre-sale tickets are recommended.
More information about the Day Out With Thomas event can be found by calling the museum at 585-798-6106, or by visiting the museum website at http://railroadmuseum.net
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two Car Accident Closes Part of Robert Moses Parkway
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud