Labor's Night at the Races Set For June 15 | Events
Annual event benefits United Way of Greater Niagara
The tightrope walk across Niagara Falls won’t be the only exciting event taking place in Niagara County on June 15.
That night, Ransomville Speedway will once again host one of the area’s great family-friendly events, the 4th Annual Labor’s Night at the Races. Presented by the Niagara/Orleans Labor Council and all of its union affiliates for United Way of Greater Niagara, Labor’s Night at the Races will feature a pre-event tent party with food and beverages, race cars on display and drivers on hand to sign autographs, followed by an exciting night of dirt track racing at one of Western New York’s popular sporting venues.
“The men and women of organized labor know the struggles the people of our community face and we know what an important resource United Way is in Niagara County,” said Bill Jakobi, AFL-CIO Community Services Liaison at United Way of Greater Niagara. “The Night at the Races event is a fantastic way to bring everyone from Niagara County together for a fun and memorable event and to support our neighbors in the process. This is one way Labor gives back to our community.”
“The labor community has been a vital part of the United Way family for generations,” said Carol Houwaart-Diez, president, United Way of Greater Niagara. “We cannot thank them enough for supporting United Way and the more than 80,000 people we serve each year.”
The festivities get underway with the tent party at 6:00 p.m. and racing begins at 7:15. Tickets for Labor’s Night at the Races are $15 for adults and $7 for children under 12 years old. A portion of all proceeds goes to support United Way of Greater Niagara. Tickets can be purchased by calling the United Way at 216-4582 or purchased online at www.laborsrace.com.
Labor’s Night at the Races is being sponsored by Niagara-Orleans AFL-CIO, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, Maxwell Murphy Attorneys at Law, M&T Bank, and Lewis & Lewis, P.C.
A volunteer-driven agency, the United Way of Greater Niagara provides and supports numerous programs throughout Niagara County that focus on making the community healthier and stronger. For more information, visit www.uwgn.org.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two Car Accident Closes Part of Robert Moses Parkway
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud