5 Charged in Medina After Probe into Prescription Narcotics | News
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Five Orleans County residents are facing charges after a search warrant was served on their Medina home.
The Orleans County Major Felony Crime Task Force, which includes Medina police, and Orleans County Multi-Agency SWAT team, executed a search warrant at 909 West Ave. after a two-month-long investigation into the sale and distribution of prescription narcotics.
Officers arrested five residents of the house Tuesday. Shawn R. Wisniewski, 22, was charged with three counts each of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance and third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies. Kayleen S. Wisniewski, 18, is facing one count of each charge.
Shawn Wisniewski was also charged with three counts of first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child, a misdemeanor.
Richard H. Wisniewski, 66, was charged with two counts of fourth-degree conspiracy, a felony, and Carol S. Wisniewski, 48,was charged with one count.
Rebecca L. Bischoff, 24, was charged with three counts of first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child.
All five people were arraigned in Shelby Town Court and were remanded to the Orleans County Jail. Shawn Wisniewski is being held in lieu of $50,000 cash bail and is facing three outstanding warrants - in Genesee and Livingston counties.
Kayleen and Carol Wisniewski are each being held in the Orleans County Jail on $5,000 cash bail, deputies said. Richard Wisniewski was remanded in lieu of $2,000 cash bail and Bischoff was is being held in lieu of $1,000 cash bail.
All five are due to return to Shelby Town Court at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Additional charges are pending, deputies said.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program