Buffalo-Niagara Cuisine to be Highlighted at Culinary Conference | News
Buffalo, New York - The American Culinary Federation has announced it will bring its Northeast Regional Conference to Western New York. The four day event, to be headquartered at the Niagara Falls Conference Center, is scheduled for April 27th through April 30th. The conference will attract more than 500 culinarians from Maine to Washington, D.C.
“We are excited that the Buffalo-Niagara region was chosen as the site for this year’s Northeast Conference,” said Scott Steiner, CCE, Conference Chair. “Some of the greatest chefs in America will have the opportunity to sample the culinary highlights of Western New York. From the traditional Buffalo chicken wings to innovative haute cuisine, the best of Buffalo-Niagara’s culinary arts will be on display to the industry.”
Conference participants will visit restaurants and food service operations in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. In addition, the culinarians will participate in hands-on specialty food workshops and winery/city tours. The culminating event will be The American Academy of Chefs academy dinner at The Buffalo Club on Sunday, April 29.
“The historic Buffalo Club is ranked at the platinum level by the Club Managers Association. It is a premier destination for the ACF members to experience,” said Steiner.
Other Western New York restaurants to be featured during the conference are Tempo, Sea Bar, Hutch’s and the Anchor Bar.
Approximately 40 chefs from throughout Western New York are participating in the conference, with several competing for various awards. Competitors include: James Roberts, CEC, Executive Chef, Park Country Club of Buffalo, competing for Chef of the Year; Mark Mistriner, CEC, Business Division Chair, NCC Culinary Program, competing for Chef Educator of the Year; Maria Iacovitti, CEPC, Adjunct Professor, Baking and Pastry at Erie Community College, competing for Pastry Chef of the Year; Anthony Glieco, culinary student at Johnson and Wales and alumna of Erie 1 BOCES Harkness Career and Technical Center Culinary Program, competing on the Student Hot Food Team.
Local sponsors for the Conference include Lactalis Cheese, Riviana Foods, US Foodservice, SYSCO Syracuse, C.A. Curtze and Buffalo Hotel Supply.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Hockey Fans Heading to London for 11-day FanFest Event
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud