Buffalo-Niagara Cuisine to be Highlighted at Culinary Conference | News
Buffalo, New York - The American Culinary Federation has announced it will bring its Northeast Regional Conference to Western New York. The four day event, to be headquartered at the Niagara Falls Conference Center, is scheduled for April 27th through April 30th. The conference will attract more than 500 culinarians from Maine to Washington, D.C.
“We are excited that the Buffalo-Niagara region was chosen as the site for this year’s Northeast Conference,” said Scott Steiner, CCE, Conference Chair. “Some of the greatest chefs in America will have the opportunity to sample the culinary highlights of Western New York. From the traditional Buffalo chicken wings to innovative haute cuisine, the best of Buffalo-Niagara’s culinary arts will be on display to the industry.”
Conference participants will visit restaurants and food service operations in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. In addition, the culinarians will participate in hands-on specialty food workshops and winery/city tours. The culminating event will be The American Academy of Chefs academy dinner at The Buffalo Club on Sunday, April 29.
“The historic Buffalo Club is ranked at the platinum level by the Club Managers Association. It is a premier destination for the ACF members to experience,” said Steiner.
Other Western New York restaurants to be featured during the conference are Tempo, Sea Bar, Hutch’s and the Anchor Bar.
Approximately 40 chefs from throughout Western New York are participating in the conference, with several competing for various awards. Competitors include: James Roberts, CEC, Executive Chef, Park Country Club of Buffalo, competing for Chef of the Year; Mark Mistriner, CEC, Business Division Chair, NCC Culinary Program, competing for Chef Educator of the Year; Maria Iacovitti, CEPC, Adjunct Professor, Baking and Pastry at Erie Community College, competing for Pastry Chef of the Year; Anthony Glieco, culinary student at Johnson and Wales and alumna of Erie 1 BOCES Harkness Career and Technical Center Culinary Program, competing on the Student Hot Food Team.
Local sponsors for the Conference include Lactalis Cheese, Riviana Foods, US Foodservice, SYSCO Syracuse, C.A. Curtze and Buffalo Hotel Supply.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NF Grandmother: Police Report Proves Granddaughter Was Bullied
- Tractor-trailer carrying full load of new cars tips over in the Town of Niagara.
- Melissa Etheridge, ‘The Voice’ Live Tour Join Seneca Casinos Summer Rush Lineup
- Mount St. Mary’s Neighborhood Health Center & Fidelis Care partner for Infant Immunization Awareness
- Police Identify Lockport Fire Victims
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars