Woman Arrested in Albion Under Leandra's Law | News
ALBION, N.Y. - A Rochester woman was arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law after she was stopped for nearly striking a marked patrol car Thursday evening, according to authorities.
Kizzie Ford, 29, also had her two four-year-old children in the backseat without proper restraints, according to police.
Ford was arrested and is being charged with DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, aggravated DWI (Leandra's Law), endangering the welfare of a child and having improper child restraints.
Authorities say Ford refused a BAC chemical test and was taken to the Orleans County Jail. Her children were turned over to a family member. Child Protective Services has now started its own investigation, according to authorities.
Ford will appear in Town of Albion Court on September 25th, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED