Woman Arrested in Albion Under Leandra's Law | News
ALBION, N.Y. - A Rochester woman was arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law after she was stopped for nearly striking a marked patrol car Thursday evening, according to authorities.
Kizzie Ford, 29, also had her two four-year-old children in the backseat without proper restraints, according to police.
Ford was arrested and is being charged with DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, aggravated DWI (Leandra's Law), endangering the welfare of a child and having improper child restraints.
Authorities say Ford refused a BAC chemical test and was taken to the Orleans County Jail. Her children were turned over to a family member. Child Protective Services has now started its own investigation, according to authorities.
Ford will appear in Town of Albion Court on September 25th, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way