Medina Resident Killed in Pedestrian Accident | News
SHELBY, NY-- Orleans County Sheriff's are investigating a fatal accident involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6am on Maple Ridge Road between Hoffman Road and the Niagara-Orleans County line.
Deputies say Joseph L. Tillinghast, 47, was walking east on Maple Ridge Road when he was struck by a vehicle also headed east. They say after Tillinghast was hit by the first car, he was struck by three other vehicles while lying in the roadway.
All four drivers involved in the accident stopped at the scene and waited for law enforcement.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Police do not believe alcohol or speed played a role in the accident.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED