Medina Resident Killed in Pedestrian Accident | News
SHELBY, NY-- Orleans County Sheriff's are investigating a fatal accident involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6am on Maple Ridge Road between Hoffman Road and the Niagara-Orleans County line.
Deputies say Joseph L. Tillinghast, 47, was walking east on Maple Ridge Road when he was struck by a vehicle also headed east. They say after Tillinghast was hit by the first car, he was struck by three other vehicles while lying in the roadway.
All four drivers involved in the accident stopped at the scene and waited for law enforcement.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Police do not believe alcohol or speed played a role in the accident.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program