Medina Resident Killed in Pedestrian Accident | News
SHELBY, NY-- Orleans County Sheriff's are investigating a fatal accident involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6am on Maple Ridge Road between Hoffman Road and the Niagara-Orleans County line.
Deputies say Joseph L. Tillinghast, 47, was walking east on Maple Ridge Road when he was struck by a vehicle also headed east. They say after Tillinghast was hit by the first car, he was struck by three other vehicles while lying in the roadway.
All four drivers involved in the accident stopped at the scene and waited for law enforcement.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Police do not believe alcohol or speed played a role in the accident.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kenan Gallery To Present Decade of Paintings by Coni Minneci
- Seneca Hickory Stick Named to Golf Magazine’s “Best Courses Near You”
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino Hosts Eight-Week 'Comedy Series in the Bear’s Den' This Fall
- London Welcomes Return of Popular Western Fair
- Restructuring begins at Eastern Niagara Hospital
- Sólo cuatro meses dejó puede cambiar sus finanzas de fin de año
- Fourth Quarter 2014: Still Time for a Personal Finance Comeback!
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K