Medina Resident Killed in Pedestrian Accident | News
SHELBY, NY-- Orleans County Sheriff's are investigating a fatal accident involving a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6am on Maple Ridge Road between Hoffman Road and the Niagara-Orleans County line.
Deputies say Joseph L. Tillinghast, 47, was walking east on Maple Ridge Road when he was struck by a vehicle also headed east. They say after Tillinghast was hit by the first car, he was struck by three other vehicles while lying in the roadway.
All four drivers involved in the accident stopped at the scene and waited for law enforcement.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Police do not believe alcohol or speed played a role in the accident.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tickets for 3rd Annual Wine & Beer Fest at Kenan Center On Sale
- Plans to Improve Niagara Falls Unveiled Tonight
- NIAGARA ACADEMY STUDENTS REACH OUT TO AREA VETERANS TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS
- Local Pastor Hopes to Share His Inspirational Message Across WNY
- Award-winning Singer Bringing Christmas Show to Nearby London
- Welke Customs Brokers Opens New U.S. Headquarters in Tonawanda
- Tim Hortons Opens In Catherine’s Tea Room at Kenmore Mercy Hospital
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo plan Christmas Masses
- Pi Craft Offers A Unique Pizza Experience
- Rochester Woman Sentenced to Federal Prison For Drug Trafficking and Firearms charges