Albion Man Dies in Fatal Two-Car Crash | News
GAINES, N.Y. - Orleans County Sheriff's Deputies say an Albion man has died following a two-car crash early Sunday morning.
Deputies say 22-year-old Cameron Hess was killed in the crash that happened in the 14600 block of Ridge Road, State Route 104.
Police say a Rochester Democrat and Chronicle newspaper delivery vehicle was traveling west along the shoulder of Ridge Road when Hess drove off the south side of the roadway, striking the delivery vehicle head-on.
Officers say the driver of the newspaper delivery vehicle, 21-year-old Edward Schneider, was freed by Albion firefighters and flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
Police say Schneider's passenger, 21-year-old Christopher Swan, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester by ambulance.
Their conditions have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found
- Kenny Rogers and Full Entertainment Lineup for May Unveiled for Seneca Casinos
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program