Albion Man Dies in Fatal Two-Car Crash | News
GAINES, N.Y. - Orleans County Sheriff's Deputies say an Albion man has died following a two-car crash early Sunday morning.
Deputies say 22-year-old Cameron Hess was killed in the crash that happened in the 14600 block of Ridge Road, State Route 104.
Police say a Rochester Democrat and Chronicle newspaper delivery vehicle was traveling west along the shoulder of Ridge Road when Hess drove off the south side of the roadway, striking the delivery vehicle head-on.
Officers say the driver of the newspaper delivery vehicle, 21-year-old Edward Schneider, was freed by Albion firefighters and flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
Police say Schneider's passenger, 21-year-old Christopher Swan, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester by ambulance.
Their conditions have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AT&T Announces More Than 150 Jobs Available in New York
- Niland Named Daemen’s Athletics Director
- Daemen Receives National Distinction As a ‘Great College to Work For’
- India’s Ambassador Mulay to Present Lecture at Daemen
- Free Concert, Scottish Festival Among August Highlights at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way
- City of Toronto reminds residents to prepare for severe storms on anniversary of July 8, 2013 flood