Albion Man Dies in Fatal Two-Car Crash | News
GAINES, N.Y. - Orleans County Sheriff's Deputies say an Albion man has died following a two-car crash early Sunday morning.
Deputies say 22-year-old Cameron Hess was killed in the crash that happened in the 14600 block of Ridge Road, State Route 104.
Police say a Rochester Democrat and Chronicle newspaper delivery vehicle was traveling west along the shoulder of Ridge Road when Hess drove off the south side of the roadway, striking the delivery vehicle head-on.
Officers say the driver of the newspaper delivery vehicle, 21-year-old Edward Schneider, was freed by Albion firefighters and flown by Mercy Flight to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
Police say Schneider's passenger, 21-year-old Christopher Swan, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester by ambulance.
Their conditions have not been released.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Daemen Associate Athletic Director Named to 30 Under Thirty
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money