Medina Murder Suspect Back Behind Bars | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A federal judge has revoked release for a New York man charged in the death of a 78-year-old comic book collector who had a heart attack after being robbed.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo succeeded Friday in its efforts to have Rico Vendetti jailed pending his federal murder trial. The Rochester man is charged with murdering Homer Marciniak by planning the robbery of the collector's Medina home, east of Buffalo, and recruiting others to carry it out.
Authorities say Marciniak had a heart attack because of the beating he received and the psychological trauma.
In arguing against the jailing, Vendetti's lawyer said the government hadn't proved he's a danger to the community and that he wasn't in Medina the night of the robbery.
Three co-defendants also are jailed pending trial.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.
- Police Investigate Death In Lockport
- ORLEANS/NIAGARA BOCES EARNS NATIONAL TOP HONORS IN 2014 MAGNA AWARDS
- Cause of Water Line Break Found
- Exit 2 Bar & Grille Brings Excitement to Tonawanda Dining Scene
- Abraham's Table Discussion: "What Do We Owe God? The Religious Ethics of Business."
- Buffalo Man Charged with Fraud and Making Counterfeit Money
- Five Charged With Marijuana Trafficking
- Catholic Cemeteries of Buffalo join Niagara County Thank a Vet program