Medina Murder Suspect Back Behind Bars | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A federal judge has revoked release for a New York man charged in the death of a 78-year-old comic book collector who had a heart attack after being robbed.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo succeeded Friday in its efforts to have Rico Vendetti jailed pending his federal murder trial. The Rochester man is charged with murdering Homer Marciniak by planning the robbery of the collector's Medina home, east of Buffalo, and recruiting others to carry it out.
Authorities say Marciniak had a heart attack because of the beating he received and the psychological trauma.
In arguing against the jailing, Vendetti's lawyer said the government hadn't proved he's a danger to the community and that he wasn't in Medina the night of the robbery.
Three co-defendants also are jailed pending trial.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Police rescue man trapped on Niagara Gorge
- Mount St. Mary’s receives "Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award" for Stroke Care
- Hockey Fans Heading to London for 11-day FanFest Event
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud