Medina Murder Suspect Back Behind Bars | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A federal judge has revoked release for a New York man charged in the death of a 78-year-old comic book collector who had a heart attack after being robbed.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo succeeded Friday in its efforts to have Rico Vendetti jailed pending his federal murder trial. The Rochester man is charged with murdering Homer Marciniak by planning the robbery of the collector's Medina home, east of Buffalo, and recruiting others to carry it out.
Authorities say Marciniak had a heart attack because of the beating he received and the psychological trauma.
In arguing against the jailing, Vendetti's lawyer said the government hadn't proved he's a danger to the community and that he wasn't in Medina the night of the robbery.
Three co-defendants also are jailed pending trial.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Three Sent to Hospital after Accident on Millersport Highway
- Buffalo’s Economic Resurgence Focus of Mayor’s Daemen Lecture
- Cartagena guilty of other charges in death of daughter
- Quilt Seminar, 5K Run Headline September Events at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Daemen Grant to Establish Fitness Program for Individuals With Disabilities, Educate Trainers
- Amherst Police Release Photos in Friday Bank Robbery
- Brockport Male arrested; Alledged Mail Fraud, Forgery, Theft of Public Money
- Convicted City of Buffalo Employee Sentenced 6 Months Ordered to repay $9K
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Tributes K9 Crime Fighting Co-workers
- NYSP: Missing Adult Alert: Walter Marsh CANCELED