Medina Murder Suspect Back Behind Bars | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A federal judge has revoked release for a New York man charged in the death of a 78-year-old comic book collector who had a heart attack after being robbed.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo succeeded Friday in its efforts to have Rico Vendetti jailed pending his federal murder trial. The Rochester man is charged with murdering Homer Marciniak by planning the robbery of the collector's Medina home, east of Buffalo, and recruiting others to carry it out.
Authorities say Marciniak had a heart attack because of the beating he received and the psychological trauma.
In arguing against the jailing, Vendetti's lawyer said the government hadn't proved he's a danger to the community and that he wasn't in Medina the night of the robbery.
Three co-defendants also are jailed pending trial.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NOCO raises more than $8,400 for Roswell Park in Blue4Ben campaign
- Bridal Shower Fundraiser Offers Attendees Chance to Take Home the Gifts
- NHTSA and Local Police Remind of Dangers of Distracted Driving - "You Drive, You Text, You Pay."
- City of Niagara Falls Woman Arrested after Three Month Investigation
- Certain Gates Corp. Tru-Flow Water Pumps, serving as after-market replacements for various VW cars