Medina Murder Suspect Back Behind Bars | News
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A federal judge has revoked release for a New York man charged in the death of a 78-year-old comic book collector who had a heart attack after being robbed.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo succeeded Friday in its efforts to have Rico Vendetti jailed pending his federal murder trial. The Rochester man is charged with murdering Homer Marciniak by planning the robbery of the collector's Medina home, east of Buffalo, and recruiting others to carry it out.
Authorities say Marciniak had a heart attack because of the beating he received and the psychological trauma.
In arguing against the jailing, Vendetti's lawyer said the government hadn't proved he's a danger to the community and that he wasn't in Medina the night of the robbery.
Three co-defendants also are jailed pending trial.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- U.S. Marshals Holding National Jewelry Sale
- Niagara County Sheriff's Department Seeking info on Location of Collin Simons
- Secret Service: Queens Woman Pleads Guilty to Possession; Counterfeit Money
- Secret Service Grounds a local "Check Kiting" Ring 5 Arrested, Convicted
- NOCO Express stores raise more than $12,000 for United Way