O/N BOCES Building Trades Explore Career Options with Local Roofer | Schools
Jeff Valone, owner of Try-Lock Roofing in North Tonawanda recently spent some time with the Building Trades Program at the Niagara Career and Technical Education Center. Mr. Valone talked to the students about careers in roofing, education, training, salary and benefits and the projected outlook for these jobs.
Teacher Gary Benker says he and the center’s two other Building Trades teachers, Matt Anastasi and Tony Molinaro, are always looking to have our students interact with professionals from the building trades community. “As part of our program initiative which is to create lifelong learning with leaders in the trades, Mr. Valone volunteered his time to educate our students with firsthand knowledge in his career. With 30 plus years experience in roofing he shared his experiences and reinforced the importance of safety within his industry. Stressing the values he and his team place on safety and how our program has a wonderful curriculum in place highlighting these components. We are so grateful to have the opportunity to have him come in and work with our students. The experience was very helpful and our classes were thrilled about the chance to meet him and talk to him.”
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mount St. Mary’s & Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center take to ice to support cancer research
- Second Annual Poverty Conference Brings Community Together To Advocate For The Poor
- Local Leaders to Discuss Using Social Media for Business at “Perfect Pairings"
- Air Base Supporters Have Influential Advocate
- A high-speed police chase through the streets of Niagara Falls early Sunday morning ended in a fatal crash for the driver of the pursued vehicle.