O/N BOCES Chef Kurcsics Honored for Lifetime Achievement from ACF | Schools
The American Culinary Federation (ACF) recently recognized Chef Otto Kurcsics, a Culinary Arts teacher at the Orleans/Niagara BOCES’ Niagara Career and Technical Education Center with Lifetime Achievement Certifications.
Kurcsics, originally from Hungary, has been teaching at the Sanborn site for 18 years. His illustrious career started when he worked as an apprentice at a culinary school in Budapest where he was able to learn from some of the most famous chefs in Hungary. When he enlisted in the army it was as a chef and he earned three stars for his contributions.
After he was discharged he and his brother decided to escape communism and journey to America. They stopped in Italy and Chef Kurcsics was able to obtain a position cooking for a convent and for visiting high priests and even the Pope himself. He eventually completed his journey to America and worked in several upscale restaurants and country clubs and owned the Gazebo Restaurant on Delaware in Buffalo.
Chef Kurcsics was honored with certifications as an Executive Chef and a Certified Culinary Educator. The ACF recognizes chefs who have demonstrated a lifetime of commitment and dedication to the culinary profession especially those who prove to be great leaders in the industry and motivate others to achieve excellence in the profession.
Upcoming Events near Orleans County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge Arrested for DWI in Lewiston Crash
- Play Ball! Historic Labatt Park Ready for Another Fun-filled Baseball Season
- Two Car Accident Closes Part of Robert Moses Parkway
- LYNDONVILLE'S L.A. WEBBER MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL RANKED AS ONE OF THE BEST HIGH SCHOOLS BY U.S. NEWS
- Lineup Announced For Latitude 43 Music Festival
- Free Class at Kenmore Mercy Hospital Will Highlight Knee Replacement Options
- "Turkish Coffee Night" of the season will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, at 7:00pm
- Turkish Cuisine - Session 2
- Rochester, NY City Employee Indicted on Possesion with Intent to Distrubute Cocaine
- Jamacian Citizen, 31 Pleads Guilty to Aggravated Identity Fraud